Curia – September 2019

Seneschal : Handled out the ‘change of office’ form for Arts and Sciences so Tayla can be warranted. There is a new procedure for creating Facebook events for branch events. On Nov. 17th, there is an all day Seneschal training in Seattle.

Exchequer: We have money. Exchequer has found the online account password. The payment for the website is due.

A&S:  There is a social on Monday. Recommendations were collected for the Porte Chalice, which will be awarded at the Nov. 2nd event. Those not present at the meeting can submit their recommendations to the Baron and Baroness of Madrone.

Webminister: The Kingdom Webminister is looking for a deputy to train as her successor. There was a meeting at September Crown that focused on making the branch websites more accessible and readable to everyone (e.g. meant for more than ‘where is the fighter practice’). The Canton website has been updated along these lines. The previous curia minutes have been posted.

Heraldry: No commentary meeting this month.

Events: The event is in the October Crier calendar. The Baron and Baroness of Madrone will be holding a small court to award the Porte Chalice and a few baronial awards, as well as accepting Sergeantry applications. The first of two wicket making socials is this Monday – rules for the tournament will be posted soon. The potlatch sign up will be posted after Emprise. Gera created the Facebook event.

Archery: Adrianna can no longer be the driver of archery at Carnation Farms, and Margaret will be the point of contact for the questions asked last Curia as soon as Emprise is over.

Meetings: We briefly discussed the meeting/social schedule for November and December. November will probably follow the normal schedule.

Curia – August 2019

8-20-2019 Minutes

In Attendance: Kit, Etienette, Bergdis, Sara, Simon, Giselle, Heilyn, Margaret, Ysolt, Anne Rose, Adrianna

Seneschal : BOD is seeking feedback on Anti-Bullying policy and also feedback on gender neutral language in Corpora. It is time to renew the meeting room. We be renewing the meeting room. Quarterly report was submitted to Kingdom.

Exchequer: We have money. Checking balance $6907.25 and Savings balance $5.00. Can now check for balance online.  There is Exchequer training in Tacoma on November 16, 2019. It is now required to have a variance from Kingdom Exchequer, when a box of checks are ordered, due to it being an ‘electronic withdrawal’.  Also, if doing transfers from internal accounts (savings/checking) need a variance for that , as well.

Webminister: All officers have AnTir.org Office365 accounts and have access to the accounts.

A&S:  Tentatively doing stamping the first weekend of September. Need to resubmit warrant to the kingdom for A&S, as the kingdom does not have record of the warrant.  

Heraldry: Report submitted.

Events:

Sven’s:  Crier Copy was submitted. Working on having a FB page created for the event. September and October socials will be wicket making projects.  Heilyn has design ideas for wickets. Gate making competition. Pot Luck signup will be posted after Emprise. Insurance from corporate was received.

Archery: Adrianna the Fierce has been discussion with Carnation Farms about having a weekly archery practice in their parking barn. According to Adrianna, the farm is willing to let us use their flat barn every Sunday. It is a former milking barn and is covered and concrete floor, but no walls. The farm has quoted $25/week for rental of the barn for archery.  Adrianna is asking for assistance in the negotiations with the farm.

The farm is wanting to see the SCA Insurance policy, Kit will be forwarding that to Adrianna. The farm is also requiring backgournd checks for the Marshalls in Charge for working with children. Adrianna will organize a tour of the farm with Kit, and Sr Archery Marshals to determine the viability of this site for officially SCA Archery practice.

The following questions were raised:

  1. How many people is the farm willing to have background checks done on. As Marshalls In Charge of practices tend to rotate.
  2. What is the maximum number of shooters do the marshallate feel will be accommodated?
  3. If we go forward with this, we will need a Branch Archery Marshall, and someone to be the administrative responsible party for organizing/running/ and continued conversations with the farm.
  4. Funding for rent was discussed, and a member is willing to fund 3 months of rental via donation to the Canton. A donation jar was discussed and will be implemented if we go forward with this.

A field trip is being planned by Adrianna and Kit to view the site and discuss further with the site owner.

Curia – July 2019

Seneschal : Kingdom Seneschal is holding an “Ask Me Anything”

Exchequer: We have money. Checks have been deposited and the website is paid up. There is an Exchequer meeting on Nov. 16th.

Heraldry: OSCAR commentary night is upcoming.

Webminister: Current Antir.org email addresses are misspelled – a fix is in progress.

A&S:  Stamping day is coming up. Library night this month is at Kingsgate. There is a new A&S form.

Events: Nov 2nd event is coming up. Named insurance needs to be requested and a Crier copy submitted by Aug. 15th to make the October Crier.

Other: We are transferring $200 to the Barony of Madrone at the request of the donor.

Curia – October 2017

Seneschal: Nothing new in Seneschal land

Exchequer: We have some money, Have a bill to pay Domain Fee $15.00. Payment approved by financial committee.

A&S: Will be bringing a larger laptop screen to look at period tropical prints for the “Tropical themed event” in the concept stage at this time.

Herald: Will be doing YAFA classes when approved by Kingdom. Tuesday Library will continue.

Website: Meeting minutes have been uploaded to website as they are received.

Holiday Party: On December 29 at Tayla’s. No meeting in December. A Pirate gift exchange will happen no more than $20.00 for gift. Details will be following.

minutes taken by Anne Rose Smythe

Curia – 2017-09

Curia
September 25, 2017

Seneschal: There is a new law in Idaho that requires groups to charge sales tax.

December meeting will be on Friday, December 29 at Tayla’s. Watch this space for more details.

Exchequer: approximately $900 in the bank.

A&S: WE received a donation from a deceased former SCA member. Most of it was donated to a local charity, as most of it was not appropriate for SCA garb. There were some books that went to the Barony for their Scribal fabric.

Herald: Tuesday, October 24, Kenmore  – November 24, Bellevue

Misc News: Heinrich’s elevation will be at Collegium due to the cancelling of the Emprise of The Black Lion.

Kingdom YAFA is looking for mentors.

Future Event: Starting to plan an event for next summer.

Curia 26 June 2017

We have quorum!

Seneschal Report: There is a new FB group for Seneschal and Exchequers. Idaho is now charging sales tax on tickets and that appears to have been translated to being charged to event fees.

Exchequer Report: We still have a bank account. The bank put in their $.02. Report for Picnic in the Park is done just waiting for attendance numbers.

A&S Minister Report: We will be having a fabric swap at the picnic. Guidelines are: what you bring, if it’s not taken it goes home with you or will be donated to a fiber donation center.

Chatelaine: We have new people in our meeting.

Herald Report: Congratulations to Rhiannon Kjartensdottir registration of her name.

We introduced ourselves to new people.

Upcoming Events:

Baronial Event this Saturday Peasants Revel.  $4.00 Lunch and bring your own snacky bits and drink for the day. It’s a fun laid back event.

Saturday, July 22 Picnic in the Park.  Spirit Ridge Park. There will be no site fee, but all waivers are required. Their Excellencies of Madrone will be attending. A member of the Canton is donating the reservation fee to reserve the park for the day. An Attempt at garb is required. Community BBQ is possible. Hamburgers, buns and condiments will be donated. If you wish to BBQ something other than burgers Something to share and bring your own drinks. We are making this a laid back relaxed event, so wear your most comfy garb.

If no Rain, we will do a fabric swap at the picnic.

Bring your own table and chairs, bring shade/ rain cover.

August 5, Wyewood Champions – At Wyewood Archery Practice site, near Ikea in Renton. All champions (Archery, Heavy, Rapier, A&S).  See more details on the Barony of Wyewood Calendar

 

 

Curia Minutes 27 March 2017

After a two month hiatus due to weather and travel we have gathered for our monthly meeting. We had 12 people. Kit, Juana, Aerron, Heilyn, Simon, Giselle, Renee and Aislynn, Bergdis, Etienette and Anne Rose

Seneschal Report: Yearly doomsday report was done, as well as the Family Activities report. Seneschal is upgrading our status to Barony, apparently, he has a Freudian slip today.

Exchequer Report: Doomsday got in. One more bill to pay $44.58 / quarter for web hosting + $15 for domain registration. We have money to pay it. $548, in the account.

There may be some employee matching funds coming through. Approval was given to pay the bill.

A&S Report: A&S report will be done this month.

URL Steward: Updates will be made. Meeting meetings are being posted.

Baronial Chatelaine: Heard from a new person who lives and works in Bellevue only interested in weekend/weeknight activities.

PDL News: Porte Chalice – Kit will send out an email to the canton for recommendations. We need to investigate the making of new chalices.

Canton needs to have an event. Could be small and simple, a picnic in a park.

Rapier defender would like to hand it off to someone, else. She would like to hold the champion event up to the Regional Rapier practice at Marymore park this year.

During the meeting, the canton aided the culinary guild with a special project. Come to Banquet to see.

Meeting adjourned, Carry on and …

Minutes by Anne Rose Smythe

Curia Minutes 28 November 2016

11 people in attendance – All members

$550 in bank account. No Outstanding checks until after the new year.

Ysolt is still working on getting the Microsoft donations set up to the proper groups.

Senescchal Kit went to Kingdom Seneschal / Exchequer training. Learned things about both offices. Look for a regional training if you are interested in these offices.

Don’t be a DIck.

Think before you say or do anything.

Trahern is doing dance practice at his home on Dec. 1, Thursday.

Friday Night Social at Ysolt’s no movie was viewed. Socializing  happened. Next one is on December 30 at 7 at Ysolts, and business meeting if needed. An optional gift exchange will happen at the Dec Social. Wrapped, untagged gift of less than $20.

A&S Sunday Dec 4th 12:30  pm – Svea will teach carving and block printing at Ysolt’s house. There are three or 4 spots open. Ping Ysolt if you are interested.

Equesterian Guild Christmas party is December 10 in conjunction with EQ practice in Mirrormont area. Ping Keri-je for details, look for postings on Baronial e-list etc.

Kiri-je and Raphael would like to host social / practice at their home starting in January, once  a month. First practice will be January 21, 2017. Dogs, cats, horses, sheeps and chickens are in the area. There is inside/outside space for fighting, away from the horses. Please note: There will be no interactions with the Horses.

Some potential sites have been looked into. Details will be forthcoming.

Meeting Closed.

Respectuflly Submitted,

Anne Rose Smythe